Thursday, May 26, 2011

Learning to be Frugal

Learning to be frugal is a difficult lesson I have come to realize. All my life I've been dependent on my family when it came to finances. My parents always took care of pretty much everything. Which I am now very appreciative, considering I am now on my own. Now that I'm out of the house, I  have so many payments! Like gas, electricity, rent, etc. and I'm realizing that stuff isn't cheap. I give my parents a lot of credit for working as hard as they did to make sure we could make a payment because it's hard. Thankfully, I have a job which helps with payments, but I've learned I can't just go out and do what I want anymore. I need to start being conservative. I am truly grateful for this lesson though. I have learned to prioritize and set money aside for each expense. I will admit, I still have problems  because I'm still a compulsive spender, but I can also admit that I have begun to learn to be frugal. Hopefully, within time, I'll know how to wisely use my money. Until then, I have plenty of time to learn.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Court that is awesome! It is amazing how much we learn about ourselves and our parents sacrifices for us when we experience it ourselves!

    ReplyDelete